Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a ticket, purchasers acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agreed to all of the Terms and Conditions. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizes or procedures of the raffle are to be made to the Greek Community of Niagara - Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District prior to the purchase of
By claiming a prize, the winner consents to:
- The use of their photograph, first and last name, ticket number, city/town of
residence and the audio/video recording (or written transcription) of the winner notification;
- Telephone call/email, for any publicity purposes by GCN; and
- With respect to compliance by GCN with any terms of the lottery licence and for any other purposes GCN considers appropriate in the administration and promotion of the lottery (all without any further notice, review or approval or additional compensation to any winner or winners).
Only tickets that have been paid for and/or have been verified as paid for are eligible to be entered into the draw.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to purchase a ticket. Tickets cannot be purchased in the name of a minor.
Purchased in Ontario:
Purchaser of ticket(s) must be physically present in Ontario at the time the sale takes place. However, purchaser of ticket(s) does not need to be physically present in Ontario at the time of the draw. Residents of other countries or provinces may purchase raffle tickets while in Ontario.
Conflict of Interest:
The following individuals and all of their immediate family members residing in the same household, are prohibited from purchasing tickets and claiming any GCN Raffle prizes:
- Raffle committee members;
- Paid employees of the GCN;
- Prize donors; and
- Other persons or companies involved in the conduct of the raffle.
TICKETS & PAYMENT
Tickets are $20 each and are available in-person and online. Only 12,000 tickets will be sold; 8,000 allocated for in-person sales and 4,000 allocated for online sales.
The official ticket is a receipt of purchase. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchasers to ensure that they receive their ticket(s); however, purchasers do not need their ticket(s) in hand in order to be included in respective draw(s). No refunds will be issued. Ticket purchases are not tax deductible.
In-Person ticket purchases shall be paid by credit card, debit, cheques or cash. Cheques must be cleared in order for tickets to be entered into the draw.
Acceptance of Cheques:
- Main Draw (December 31, 2022) - Cheques will be accepted up until December 1st.
- A fee of $25 will be charged for any NSF cheques
Online ticket purchases shall be paid by PAYPAL, credit card or visa-debit.
For ticket related matters please call: 1-905-685-3028 or email email@example.com.
There are a total of six (6) prizes to be awarded having a total approximate value of $51,817.00 (including all taxes and fees). Prize values stated are retail at the time of tender; they are approximate and include taxes, where applicable. Prizes awarded may not be exactly as described and/or illustrated.
Prize details are as follows:
Grand Prize: 2023 Honda CRV Sport - Valued at $42,317.00
- Donated by Greek Community of Niagara - Greek Orthodox Church of St.
Catharines and District.
- All taxes, pre-delivery inspection [PDI] costs, freight, and dealer’s fees have been paid for.
- Prize winner is solely responsible for vehicle licence and obtaining car insurance. Insurance certificate must be provided to Henley Honda prior to taking possession of prize.
- Warranty includes Honda Standard Warranty Coverage for New Vehicles. Refer to Henley Honda Website (henleyhonda.com) for a complete list of options for the Honda CRV Sport vehicle.
- Standard colour option is included. Premium colours available at winners expense.
- Winner must claim vehicle at Henley Honda located at 308 Lake Street, St.
Catharines, ON, (905) 934-3379.
- Vehicle cannot be substituted for cash.
2nd PRIZE: $5,000 Cash
Donated by the Greek Community of Niagara - Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District.
3rd PRIZE: $1,500 CASH
- Donated by Gus Koroneos Denture & Implant Solutions (www.niagaradentures.com) (905) 357-5542/(905) 468-4444, and Hear Better Niagara (www.hearbetterniagara.com) (905) 357-2227/(905) 468-4999.
- Both are located in Niagara Falls (5652 Main Street, Niagara Falls, ON, L2G 5Z4) and Niagara on The Lake.
4th PRIZE: $1,000 CASH
- Donated by Gyros on The Lake
- 12 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, (289) 868-9688
5th PRIZE: $1,000 CASH
- Donated by Bill Papaioannou / ReMax Escarpment Realty Inc.
- 1595 Upper James St. Unit #101, Hamilton, ON L9B, (905) 541-5527
6th PRIZE: $500 JOE FETA'S GIFT CARD + $500 CASH
- Donated by Joe Feta's
- 290 Lake Street, St.Catharines, ON, 905-646-3111
- Valued at $1,000. Prize cannot be substituted for cash.
FINAL TICKET SALES DEADLINE: 10:30 pm on December 31, 2022.
Date of draw: 11:00 pm on December 31, 2022 at the Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines, 585 Niagara Street, St. Catharines, Ontario.
All in-person and online ticket stubs will be placed into a drum.
The drum will be spun at least five times prior to the draw. The draw sequence will begin with the 6th Prize and work backwards until the 1st Prize is drawn. The winning tickets will be drawn by a neutral third party that has not purchased a ticket. Each winning ticket will be recorded and re-entered in the draw for all subsequent draws. The drum will be spun at least 5 times in between each draw.
The Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District will:
- Control ticket distribution and draw;
- Follow strict set of procedures for draw oversight; and
- Follow all requirements set out in the licence, and the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
The records of the Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District shall be deemed correct and final.
For more information about the draw process or ticket related matters, please call 905-685-3028.
PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION
All winners will be notified by phone and/or writing as to which prize they have won and where to claim their prize. Prize notification letters will be addressed to the primary ticket holder. The primary ticket holder resides at the mailing address listed on the ticket. Prize winners will be listed on the GCN Raffle and Greek Community of Niagara website, and social media.
Winners consent to the use of their name and photograph by the licensee for publicity purposes.
A printed list of winners will be available upon request.
Prizes will be awarded to the individual(s) named on the official ticket. When a winning
ticket is presented, the winner must: Show 1 piece of Government Issued Photo ID proving their identity and their age to be over 18, and complete GCN’s Claim Form.
Prize winner (ticket holder) has six (6) months in which to claim their prize from the date
of the final draw. The prize must be accepted as awarded. Cash prizes will be awarded
as cheques payable to the primary ticket holder.
Any unclaimed prizes will be held in trust by the Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District for a period not less than six (6) months from the date of the final draw under this licence. At the end of the six-month period, the total amount of the prize held in trust, including interest, or the value of the merchandise prize equal to the manufacturer's retail listed price, will be included in the gross proceeds of the raffle by the Greek Community of Niagara.
The liability of Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines
and District shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket, which is not tax
Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District is committed to protecting your privacy. Personal information collected will be used to fulfill ticket orders, contact prize winners and publicize the names of prize winners and where applicable keep you informed of other fundraising opportunities in support of Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District. The Greek Community of Niagara – Greek Orthodox Church of St. Catharines and District does not trade, rent or sell any personal information to third parties.